Lots of the blogs I read are making predictions for 2007, so I figured I’d chime in with my own (mostly agreeing with others).
– Second life will get a bunch of negative press (finally)
– The biggest news in Virtual Worlds will be when Areae debut’s their upcoming Virtual World product. Presumably, here are some of the characteristics it will have:
- A broad environment with loose storyline
- The world will piece together chunks of content provided by the users, much the same way that an news reader pulls in RSS feeds from a variety of sources.
- Users will be able to provide much of the content. I’m not sure how they will accomplish this, but it will be something like creating web sites, as opposed to creating 3D content (like in Second Life)
- Along with the previous point, I suspect that users will be able to host the content themselves somehow.
– I’ll finally find a way to make a full-time living with online games